Matala MDB11H – 9″ Fine Bubble Membrane Diffuser Disc With Single Base and Riser
Fine Bubble Diffuser Discs are the ideal way to introduce air into your pond, lake or dam. Designed to disperse air pumped from your sub-surface aeration system into the water, Matala diffusers feature high efficiency and low maintenance requires.
This product includes a single 9″ fine bubble membrane diffuser disc, a heavy duty base and a riser to further increase efficiency in deep water bodies.
- Fine bubble diffusion is the most effective way to aerate with a sub-surface aeration system.
- Clever, tear resistant design: Membrane automatically opens and closes itself depending on whether there is air running through it.
- Low maintenance: Diffuser design also allows the diffuser to stay cleaner for longer.
- When paired with weighted hose, the diffuser and attachments are virtually undetectable: The only evidence will be some bubbles rising to the surface of your water.
- The addition of the riser means even greater circulation: this makes this diffuser ideal for deeper pond applications.
- Diffuser Discs have low back pressure, this means better air flow and minimal back pressure affecting your air compressor.
- Heavy duty base.
- One 9″ Fine Bubble Membrane Diffuser Discs.
- One riser for diffuser disc elevation.
- Required fittings for assembly.
- Clamp for attaching your diffuser to air hose.
The diffuser is to be used with a suitable compressor system.
This product includes a heavy-duty base which will need to be filled with gravel or similar to ensure that the diffuser stays at the base of the water body.
Once the base has been weighted, simply screw the riser to the base and the diffuser disc to the riser.
A clamp is included so that you can easily attach your diffuser to the air hose running from your compressor.
We suggest the use of weighted air hose to avoid having spaghetti looking noodles floating all around the surface of your water body.
Diffuser Installation Video: DAM HELPFUL TUTORIALS – How To Attach Air Hose To Your Diffuser – Connecting Your Dam Aeration
Pond Aeration + Video: Why Is It Important To Have Oxygen In My Pond? And How Can I Get It?
Dam Aeration: Why Do I Need Aeration?
Want the Rolls Royce system? Check out this project video on Vertex Sub-Surface Aeration.
Please note that the diffuser needs to be paired with the appropriate air compressor for your situation. If you are unsure which compressor you require, please fill out a contact form or give us a call on 1300 005 670 for assistance.
Depending on the diameter and length you require, we suggest selecting your air hose from the below options:
- Matala Self Weighted Air Hose 3/8″ – per metre
- Matala Self Weighted Air Hose 3/8″ – 30.48m Roll
- Matala Self Weighted Air Hose 1/2″ per meter
- Matala Self Weighted Air Hose 1/2″ – 30.48m Roll
You can view the product brochure for Matala Self-Weighted Air Hose here.
If you’re hunting extra protection for your compressor or air pump, we suggest connecting a check valve to your diffuser prior to attaching hose. Check valves are marked to show which direction air is able to flow through them, please install your check valve with the arrows pointing towards the diffuser.
The Fine Bubble Membrane Diffuser Disc and included riser and base are commercial grade products. This means that in addition to ponds, dams and other residential water bodies, they are also suitable for application in:
- Wastewater Systems
- Food Processing Plants
- And More
To receive advice for larger and/or commercial water bodies, please contact our sister company, Water Quality Solutions.